Review and Next Steps0:45 with Alena Holligan
You've learned a lot about interacting with a database. So what's next?
- Change the filter dropdown to only display project that have tasks assigned to them.
- Allow users to enter a date range.
- Add time as HH:MM not just minutes.
- Allow for multiple users.
- Add notes to tasks.
- Allow filters to be used together. Example: show billable projects for the last week.
- Add a timer to the website to track your time for you.
Congratulations on traversing these database operations with CRUD. 0:00 There are many more features that you can add to this application, and 0:04 I encourage you to give some of them a try. 0:08 I've added a few ideas in the notes associated with this video, but 0:11 start using the app and I'm sure you'll come up with your own ideas as well. 0:14 Databases aren't the only place you'll use these CRUD principles. 0:19 Any time you're working with data, you'll have to consider creating, reading, 0:23 updating and deleting that data, from APIs to file or text-based solutions. 0:27 Understanding how to manipulate that data 0:33 is vital to your ability to utilize information. 0:36 So go forth and conquer that data. 0:39 And in so doing, have fun and keep learning. 0:42
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up