Bummer! This is just a preview. You need to be signed in with a Basic account to view the entire video.
Review and Next Steps0:45 with Alena Holligan
You've learned a lot about interacting with a database. So what's next?
- Change the filter dropdown to only display project that have tasks assigned to them.
- Allow users to enter a date range.
- Add time as HH:MM not just minutes.
- Allow for multiple users.
- Add notes to tasks.
- Allow filters to be used together. Example: show billable projects for the last week.
- Add a timer to the website to track your time for you.
Congratulations on traversing these database operations with CRUD.
There are many more features that you can add to this application, and
I encourage you to give some of them a try.
I've added a few ideas in the notes associated with this video, but
start using the app and I'm sure you'll come up with your own ideas as well.
Databases aren't the only place you'll use these CRUD principles.
Any time you're working with data, you'll have to consider creating, reading,
updating and deleting that data, from APIs to file or text-based solutions.
Understanding how to manipulate that data
is vital to your ability to utilize information.
So go forth and conquer that data.
And in so doing, have fun and keep learning.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up