Using a Wrapper3:44 with Alena Holligan
The GitHub Easy Access wrapper library will handle the cURL connection to the GitHub API and provide an API object for us to work with. We'll compare the use of a wrapper library to using cURL directly when retrieving information.
Evaluating a Package
Here are some things to consider when choosing a package for your project.
- Written by a respected group such as:
- Includes a License (Learn about Open Source Licenses)
- Distributed via Composer on Packagist
- Test Coverage.
- Follows a coding standard.
- Has good documentation (both instructions for using the package and well documented code).
- Number of Contributors
- Large Install Base
- Uses Semantic Versioning
- Good Change Log
- Welcomes Contributions
Specifically for people writing packages, but has a good explanation phppackagechecklist.com
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up