Implementing Design Patterns5:04 with Anwar Montasir
To recap what we’ve covered so far, recognizable patterns help users navigate through unfamiliar websites and apps with a minimum of cognitive effort. But we also learned that design patterns can’t just be copied and pasted into our design. So how do we approach implementing existing patterns? Before choosing a pattern, there are four preparatory steps to take your design through: identifying the problem, defining the context, finding a common solution, and checking out examples.
FOUR STEPS TO TAKE BEFORE IMPLEMENTING A DESIGN PATTERN
Identify the problem
- What does the user want to do?
- What is preventing the user from doing it?
Define the context
- Where does the problem occur?
Find a common solution
- Does an existing pattern address this problem?
Check out examples
- Where and how is this pattern being implemented?
- Web analytics: the collection and analysis of data to help understand user behavior across web pages.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up