This course will be retired on January 8, 2022.
Wrapping Up and Next Steps1:51 with Ben Jakuben
You've reached the end of the course, but there is so much more you can do with Watson APIs!
Share Your Amazing Work!
Treehouse, IBM, and other students love seeing and celebrating what you build. If you extend the base chatbot we built in this course, please share it!
Check out an extended interview with Armen and Nick Pettit about the future of Watson, artificial intelligence, and machine learning!
Project Ideas for Extra Practice
- Spend a moment exploring the Watson Documentation site so you can find relevant, helpful documentation when you need it.
- Implement the Speech to Text service to allow users to truly speak with your chatbot. Start simple and just get it working with the limited dialog we created here!
- Add the Tone Analyzer service to your chatbot. Update the UI of the web page in some way that reflects the user's detected emotions. For example, change the text bubble to red when anger is detected, yellow when joy is detected, etc.
- Add an upload button to the app and allow users to upload images for exploration. Simply display some of the interesting metadata detected by Watson's Visual Recognition service.
- Deploy your chatbot on IBM Cloud following the "Deploying" section at the bottom of this doc from Armen.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up