Dimeji P.2,441 Points
ALL my orange links turn to the default browser color when JUST ONE is clicked.
I successfully changed the color of all links to orange. But when I click on one link, all the links return to the default color. Why is this is happening?
Sebastian Karg28,704 Points
thanks for sharing your issue and code.
I had the same problem and found a quite simple solution why all links turn into visited state after just clicking one.
I won't tell you here exactly what I found out, because it's more effective learning if you find out yourself, but I'm sure you'll find the same solution very quick.
HINT: check your link attributes.
Timo J.Courses Plus Student 20,919 Points
Ok thanx for this informations Dimeji.
First, I want to notice you that nothing fixe itself in coding you should changed something and just forgot it but no worries it happen to everybody even to very experienced programmer. :)
Second, as I said it will happen very often with long code so my advice is always look for the why and the when on your code. I mean even if now it work you have to know why it didn't work before to not repeat the same mistake in the futur.
Finally my first suggestion is to make some research about the order of the hover, focus, visited and active style on your CSS because yes there is an order to respect to have a clean, understandable and with no bugs code.
Hope this help :)
Leo Sjöberg6,526 Points
I had the exact same issue and did just as you did, relaunched workspaces and it fixed itself. So apparently some things fix themselves, it was probably a bug.
I had the same exact issue. it wasn't that I had <a> elements directed to the same address and it didn't fix itself either. I figured out that I had been doing the work in the previous workspace. I tried clearing browser history and previewing index.html again but it did the same thing. I watched the video again and noticed that it said to relaunch the workspace (which I apparently didn't see due to coding in a different window). After I relaunched the correct workspace it worked normally. I would guess this is probably what happened to anyone that said "relaunching it fixed my problem".