Welcome to the Treehouse Community
The Treehouse Community is a meeting place for developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels to get support. Collaborate here on code errors or bugs that you need feedback on, or asking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project. Join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today. (Note: Only Treehouse students can comment or ask questions, but non-students are welcome to browse our conversations.)
Looking to learn something new?
Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and a supportive community. Start your free trial today.
Chris Eguires3,338 Points
Beginning a website
I have been watching the videos in webpage design (this track takes a while) and I watched the Django one as well. My question is this - what is the general workflow from beginning to end of making a website? To me it currently seems to make sense to create the barebone html/css files first and then port that over to Django and make the appropriate modifications and add the back-end work from there. Does this seem reasonable or should I start from Django from the very beginning? I guess the question is whats the most efficient use of my time when making a website.
jason chan31,008 Points
First is to have a plan. Plan out everything.
- What problems do I want to solve? Do I just want to make a news blog?
- wireframe (use photoshop and illustrator to create the template)
- figure out how it looks mobile then desktop media queries
- choose colors that work together tough one
- Assets(pictures, sound, video, writing)
- Build it through html and css
- backend for you django and python (mysql create the data and how the tables will interconnect)