Welcome to the Treehouse Community

The Treehouse Community is a meeting place for developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels to get support. Collaborate here on code errors or bugs that you need feedback on, or asking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project. Join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today. (Note: Only Treehouse students can comment or ask questions, but non-students are welcome to browse our conversations.)

Looking to learn something new?

Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and a supportive community. Start your free trial today.

iOS Build a Blog Reader iPhone App Adapting Data for Display Downloading and Displaying an Image

robert cioffi
robert cioffi
3,466 Points

blogReader is overlapping Network, signal level, time border

it appears everything is correct in the storyboard, but for some reason the blog text is on top of the normal iPhone details at the top of the screen (time, carrier...etc), what should I look at to fix this issue?

2 Answers

I'm running into this problem too, and I believe its to do with the changes in iOS since this lesson was published. The examples even show the old iOS 6 style of UITableView. Apparently it is now up to the View to handle this bar, and you can either instruct your app not to display the bar at all, or implement something to offset the view to end below the status bar. See this StackOverflow discussion that goes into more detail.

I feel like there should be an easier way outside of using a header (like the one that shows up if you allow editing of cells) but I haven't found one yet.

robert cioffi
robert cioffi
3,466 Points

thanks Chris, I think I figured out how to make it work. You need to embed a navigation view controller, which is incorporated into the 2nd lesson in opening a webpage for the blogpost tutorial. I think the navigation pane actually automatically structures what you are viewing not to conflict with anything. If you had just used the blog reader we built from the master-detailview template instead of building from scratch this problem never would have occurred.