Welcome to the Treehouse Community
Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community! While you're at it, check out some resources Treehouse students have shared here.
Looking to learn something new?
Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.Start your free trial
Console is taking FOREVER to load??!!
I tried launching the console for the first time and it's been over 15 min without actually finishing. Is that normal?
J.T. Gralka20,126 Points
Although it's not uncommon for the Treehouse terminal to take a few minutes to get up and running the first time you use it, 15 minutes does seem a bit excessive. You might try contacting Treehouse support to see if they can help you through this issue if you're still having trouble.
Amadeo DeSouza18,445 Points
I am also having this issue, I've left it on for a similarly long time. Just fyi. Contacting support.
I haven't tried to open it before, so I'm not sure if it's just my account, or the whole console app itself...hopefully a staff member will see this post and set us straight on that! ;)
James Barnett39,199 Points
I've used the Treehouse console before and I just tried it on Chrome under Windows 7 and it took a minute or 2 for my my Treehouse Console to load.
Amadeo DeSouza18,445 Points
James Barnett Weird, I'm just tried loading now (also chrome but on mac) and after about 5-10 min got an error. Something along the lines of "there was an error loading. Sorry."
Again we should prolly just contact support directly, just wanted Josh to know that it wasn't just him. ; )
Kate Hrycak5,542 Points
In general, for page loading issues (it happens on other web platforms as well), here are a few tips to have a better experience:
- Ensure your internet connection is speedy and you aren't downloading an entire season of game of thrones at the same time.
- Have the latest browser version. Aboutmybrowser.com will tell you or browsehappy.com
- Do you have any adblock or noscript browser add-ons running? Sometimes these can bork things pretty badly.
- Try opening another tab and launching a different website (not just Google) to see if it's just your device having issues.
- If all else fails, refresh. Or, log out and log back in again. You can always copy the URL so you don't lose your spot.
- If you're getting really ticked off at life, remember it's software and things can break unexplainably, and that's why awesome support people everywhere are there to be someone to sort things out with.
Hope some of these help!