Craig Curtis19,985 Points
Difference between npm install something vs. npm install something --save vs. npm install something --save-dev
I've tried both --save and --save-dev npm installing, but in package.json, I only see something in dependencies rather than dev dependencies. So when do we use each of these?
- npm install something
- npm install something --save
- npm install something --save-dev
Chyno Deluxe16,921 Points
The differences between all three are as follow.
- will install the npm package to your node_modules folder and not be added to the package.json
- --save - package(s) required by the application to run
- --save-dev - package(s) required for development purpose.