does ID still have higher priority if its in external css file whilst CLASS is written in internal file?
i get id overides class, and also know that inline>internal>external also. so does it make a difference if ID in external and class in internal (i cant imagine class being able to be use in inline or can you?) or will ID always win? thanks
John Lack-Wilson8,165 Points
Good question - I'd recommend seeing for yourself.
- Write a simple HTML document called index.html and add a div into the body.
- Add an ID of "test" to the div.
- Add some text into the div.
- Add a background of red to an external stylesheet and include this in the HTML
- Add a background of blue to the head of the document and see which has priority
- Add a background of green to the inline element
- See which takes priority