Welcome to the Treehouse Community
Looking to learn something new?
Downloading Coding Programs
Lush Sleutsky14,044 Points
Binary Soul4,592 Points
You have to know:
Every Texteditor (Sublime is one of them ;D ) is usefull to write code. Some more, some less. It depends on the implemented functions. Like text-highlighting, autocomplete, customize appearance (background colors, text-colors and so on).
- on linux i recomment: gEdit
- on Windows i recomment: EditPlus 3 (not free but a shareware)
- on OSx i recomment: TextMate (no clue if free or not, i dont even use Mac´s)
Much more important is to knwo what is NOT an Text-Editor! Programms like:
- Microsoft Word
- Lotus Notes
- Open/Libre-Office Writer
place lots of useless information into the Document. They are NOT for writing Code!
Also there are somthing called IDE´s: This is a full featured software for programmers of all kind. They serve you every coder dream. Most of them are not free. But Eclipse (Win/Lin (maybe also Mac)) is a very powerfull one, and it is free. Others in that row:
- RubyMine (can do everything but its scoped in Ruby programming)
- Dreamweaver: Very Powerfull, cost a LOT, and only for Windows/Mac (Focus on Web-Developement)
This helps a bunch! Thank you very much!