Welcome to the Treehouse Community
The Treehouse Community is a meeting place for developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels to get support. Collaborate here on code errors or bugs that you need feedback on, or asking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project. Join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today. (Note: Only Treehouse students can comment or ask questions, but non-students are welcome to browse our conversations.)
Looking to learn something new?
Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and a supportive community. Start your free trial today.
Brandon Parker13,242 Points
I'm getting the below error message when I start eclipse: This Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version 23.0.0 or above. Current version is 22.6.3.v201404151837-1123206. Please update ADT to the latest version.
When I select "Check for updates" it returns nothing and I can't find a solution on stack overflow.
I had the same issue this morning.
Just follow these steps
1) Go to Eclipse -> Help -> Install New Software
2) In the next window that appears click Add
3) In the Add repository windows type ADT Plugin for Name & https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/ (do not omit the s in https , its important) . Click OK*
4) Once you lick OK you will see Developer Tools listed under available software. Select the Developer Tools, click next and continue till it installs developer 23.0.0
5) Restart Eclipse and voila! all errors are gone :)
Hope it helps
I believe you might need to remove the older ADT Plugin