Tifara Gordon886 Points
how do i set up my HTML site with my <!doctype> and <html>?
I am taking the test to start a html web page but i'm stuck I entered <!doctype> and <html></html> adn it keeps saying its wrong.
<e> <html> </html>
Jamie Reardon3,781 Points
HI Tifara, like John posted the basic structure of a web page including the <!DOCTYPE>
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta charset="utf-8"> <title>Your Page Title</title> </head> <body> Your content goes here! </body> </html>
- <!doctype html> - This piece of code let's the browser know that asking it to display an HTML document.
- <html> - All of your code must be between the html opening and closing tags.
- <head> - Holds all the important behind-the-scenes information about your web page, like the title of your web page, and a links to a CSS stylesheets.
- <meta> - This meta tag basically specifies which character set a website is written with.
- <title> - Stuff between title tags doesn't appear on the web page, but you'll see it in search engine results and browser tabs.
- <body> - Everything that displays in the browser - header, navigation, images, content - goes between the body tags.