Welcome to the Treehouse Community
The Treehouse Community is a meeting place for developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels to get support. Collaborate here on code errors or bugs that you need feedback on, or asking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project. Join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today. (Note: Only Treehouse students can comment or ask questions, but non-students are welcome to browse our conversations.)
Looking to learn something new?
Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and a supportive community. Start your free trial today.
Ephraim Johnson1,089 Points
How do I use workspaces while I'm watching the lecture so that I not miss anything?
Patrick Vanegas6,971 Points
You could launch a workspace window by clicking "launch workspace" on the bottom right corner of the video screen. Or in the section below the video where you see the teacher's notes, downloads, etc, there is a tab called "workspaces." You could launch it from there as well. Another way to launch a workspace is by clicking "Workspaces" near your profile picture ton the top right corner of the website and selecting a previously opened workspace.
Hope this helps!
Heather Crummer1,146 Points
I know the question is a couple of months old, but this is what I do if I don't have a second monitor available...
- Open Treehouse in a browser.
- Launch Workspace in a separate window.
- Make sure both windows are minimized.
- Swipe the Treehouse window all the way to the side, so that it fills up only half of the screen.
- Swipe the Workspace window all the way to the other side, so that it fills up the other half of the screen. You have to make sure that you swipe all the way to the side, even if it looks like you're swiping off the screen. If not, you'll just maximize the windows. You can resize the windows to whatever proportions you prefer, of course. I like 50/50. I often toggle the Treehouse window between fullscreen and 50%, depending on if I need to use Workspace or not.