Welcome to the Treehouse Community
Looking to learn something new?
How do you open MAMP with localwp?
I saw in the video when Zac opened MAMP with localwp.com but how do I do it?
Hello, your websites should reside in
/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yourwebsitename. You might also review the video Customizing Your Local Server Setup on a Mac. Let us know if you need anymore help, and welcome to Treehouse!
Matthias Hesse9,351 Points
you can do it like this:
- choose a location on your computer, e.g. your documents folder
- create a new folder named wordpresstest (just for testing and structure : )
- in it, create another folder named localwp (or any other name, e.g. godswill.com)
- download the latest wordpress zip from wordpress.org and extract the archive
- copy all files out of the extracted wordpress folder into your localwp folder
- open mamp
- click on mamp - preferences... or the preferences icon on the application panel
- after opening the Ports tab click on the Set Web & MySQL ports to 80 & 3306 button
- choose your prefered php version under the php tab
- under Web Server tab choose Apache then set your Document root
- for that click on the small folder icon with the three dots
- go to your documents folder and choose the wordpresstest folder
- then press ok and start the servers
- now you can setup and install wordpress via phpmyadmin and your browser - do it like Zac did here Installing WordPress Locally
if you need further help with the wordpress setup & installation procedure, let me know. I would give you another list.