Welcome to the Treehouse Community
Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community!
Looking to learn something new?
Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.Start your free trial
How do you open MAMP with localwp?
I saw in the video when Zac opened MAMP with localwp.com but how do I do it?
Hello, your websites should reside in
/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/yourwebsitename. You might also review the video Customizing Your Local Server Setup on a Mac. Let us know if you need anymore help, and welcome to Treehouse!
Matthias Hesse9,351 Points
you can do it like this:
- choose a location on your computer, e.g. your documents folder
- create a new folder named wordpresstest (just for testing and structure : )
- in it, create another folder named localwp (or any other name, e.g. godswill.com)
- download the latest wordpress zip from wordpress.org and extract the archive
- copy all files out of the extracted wordpress folder into your localwp folder
- open mamp
- click on mamp - preferences... or the preferences icon on the application panel
- after opening the Ports tab click on the Set Web & MySQL ports to 80 & 3306 button
- choose your prefered php version under the php tab
- under Web Server tab choose Apache then set your Document root
- for that click on the small folder icon with the three dots
- go to your documents folder and choose the wordpresstest folder
- then press ok and start the servers
- now you can setup and install wordpress via phpmyadmin and your browser - do it like Zac did here Installing WordPress Locally
if you need further help with the wordpress setup & installation procedure, let me know. I would give you another list.