Welcome to the Treehouse Community
Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community!
Looking to learn something new?
Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.Start your free trial
Stefan Spinu1,318 Points
How does the browser know what headers to include on each site?
Minute 04:50 How does the browser that it needs to include all these details in the GET request for this specific website? Looking at other websites, I see that my GET request contains different headers. Thanks!
Steven Parker225,742 Points
The data contained in GET request headers is usually determined by a combination of:
- the browser type and version
- configuration parameters set in the browser
- data carried in the link that was used to direct the browser to the site
- other information on the currently displayed page
- information that arrived in the response header from the previous request