Welcome to the Treehouse Community
Looking to learn something new?
How to set up Java environment variables in windows 7
The video shows how to find the path to the Java installer and enter as the variable value in widows 8, but I need to know how to find the path to the Java installer in windows 7. If anyone knows how, your help would be appreciated.
Grigorij Schleifer10,363 Points
Here are the steps:
- From the desktop, right click the Computer icon.
- Choose Properties from the context menu.
- Click the Advanced system settings link.
- Click Environment Variables. In the section System Variables, find the PATH environment variable and select it. Click Edit.
If the PATH environment variable does not exist, click New.
- In the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window, specify the value of the PATH environment variable. Click
OK. Close all remaining windows by clicking OK.
// you will need to choose a directory where you want to set it.
default directory is "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\bin"
Here a video:
or this StackOverflow link: