Welcome to the Treehouse Community
Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community!
Looking to learn something new?
Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.Start your free trial
Shiming Zhang829 Points
I don't know what's wrong with it.
The task: Write a function called hello_student. This function should receive one argument, name. This function should return one value, the string 'Hello ' followed by the value of the name parameter.
def hello_student(name): value = name return value name = input print('Hello ', hello_student(name))
Steven Parker228,025 Points
Here's a few hints:
- the code the joins "Hello " with the name should be inside the function
- for the challenge you only need to define the function, you don' t need to use it
- the function should return the combined string
- you won't need to "print" anything
- you also won't need to "input" anything