Welcome to the Treehouse Community
The Treehouse Community is a meeting place for developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels to get support. Collaborate here on code errors or bugs that you need feedback on, or asking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project. Join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today. (Note: Only Treehouse students can comment or ask questions, but non-students are welcome to browse our conversations.)
Looking to learn something new?
Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and a supportive community. Start your free trial today.
I need help writing this code? So, I use the HTML Collection method, and it is not reading it.
Which method am I supposed to use while trying to crack the code?
Steven Parker216,810 Points
Here's a few hints:
- syntax rules don't allow properties to be accessed on an object while it is being declared
- "form" is not a property associated with an HTMLCollection
- to set the variable value, use an assignment (
- the entire collection should be assigned to the variable
- a method that returns an HTMLCollection is document.getElementsByTagName
- you may want to review the examples shown in the Select Elements by Tag Name video lesson
Thank you, your explanation helped me. I passed the code!