Welcome to the Treehouse Community

Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community!

Looking to learn something new?

Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.

Start your free trial


Lorin Min
Lorin Min
423 Points

I'm new to coding. Should I study python also with a book?


I kinda wonder if the treehouse course is enough for now, as a beginner , or should I simultaneously use a book such as "Learning Python" with it?

I would be grateful for any personal experiences or advice about this issue.

Thank you.

David Luo
David Luo
1,214 Points

It depends on the person, but I prefer interactive learning over reading a book. I usually try to shoot for 80% of my time working on code (and troubleshooting the problem or finding the right syntax with a simple google search) while the other 20% of my time reading materials

1 Answer

Kenneth Love
Kenneth Love
Treehouse Guest Teacher

Personally, I feel that the Treehouse content is enough to make most people comfortable and productive with Python. There are, however, some really good Python books out there. The one I recommend the most is Python Crash Course by Eric Matthes.