Welcome to the Treehouse Community
Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community!
Looking to learn something new?
Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.Start your free trial
Please Review my Website
I just finished finalizing my site and I'd love to hear everyones comments & suggestions.
Key things I'm curious about: SEO, Slider speed, placement of content (removed Twitter feed since I'm not updating it regularly at the moment), and proper color scheme to display data.
Obviously any type of comments is welcome as I look to make this as current and powerful as I can on a business standpoint.
James Barnett39,199 Points
In terms of SEO
- For a quick introduction check out SEO in 10 Minutes
- If you want to learn more check out SEOMoz's Beginner's Guide to SEO
The design looks really nice. Here are a few things you might want to look into:
- For your PDF sample downloads you should have PDF icons for UX reasons, so your users know it's a download
- According to loads.in the page is image heavy over 1.9MB in size and it takes over 3 seconds to load. Whereas the total page is just 2.2MB. Consider using [SmushIt!](smushit.com)
- Your contact form doesn't appear to have any validation, here's a tutorial on using HTML5 validations for web forms
- Check out your alt text, if you can't think of a good description for alt text, it should probably be a background image instead. Here's a good decission tree on figuring out when to use alt text
- Check out the validation errors you have in your HTML
- I suggest you run HTML Lint, CSS Lint, Web Accessibility Checker and look into any issues they identify.
- Check out http://powermapper.com for some suggestions of possible issues to look into
James I appreciate the detail and the links to review. I'll be taking a look at all of this shortly to make adjustments and a better understanding of particular items you listed.