Welcome to the Treehouse Community
Looking to learn something new?
Practical Application of Python?
Hello, How exactly would you apply Python in real life practical applications. So far from what I see it seems like you're just figuring out the answers to simple made up problems and code challenges but how would you apply this outside of the code challenges. For HTML, CSS, and JS the outcome is the website you create with those languages. The outcome for python so far is just collecting something with an input and displaying it to the user.
So how would you use python on your local machine to create practical things like you can with HTML CSS and JS?
Steven Parker221,328 Points
The "simple made up problems" serve as examples and practice for learning the language syntax and techniques.
Because it is a scripting language, it's not likely be used to develop software products that are sold or leased outright. But it's very popular for internal or "behind the scenes" software.
Examples of the many practical uses for Python include;
- it is the scripting language for automating image processing tasks in Corel Paintshop Pro
- it is the core language inside D-Link networking equipment
- it (or an enhanced variant) is the back-end language for many online games
- it is used for programs that analyze weather data to improve forecasting accuracy
- it is used for software that provides runway condition updates to air traffic controllers
- it is the language of HP's custom internal search engine "HP Autonomy"
- it is used by Industrial Light and Magic for scripting production processes for animated films
- it is used by Phillips corporation to control manufacturing robots
It is also becoming very popular for data mining and other data science applications.