Welcome to the Treehouse Community
Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community!
Looking to learn something new?
Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.Start your free trial
peter keves6,854 Points
private Story mStory
I already took java course before and my first language was swift but i still find it difficult to undestand why at 0:25 we wrote private Story mStory = new Story() can somebody help me ?
Let's breakdown the statement: private Story mStory = new Story();
- "private": This object will only be accessible by objects of this class (in this case, StoryActivity).
- "Story": This member variable is of type Story.
- "mStory": This is the name of the variable so we can refer to it later.
- "new Story()": This calls the constructor to create an instance of the object.
- "=": Take the object instance from "new Story()" and store it in the mStory variable.