Welcome to the Treehouse Community

The Treehouse Community is a meeting place for developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels to get support. Collaborate here on code errors or bugs that you need feedback on, or asking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project. Join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today. (Note: Only Treehouse students can comment or ask questions, but non-students are welcome to browse our conversations.)

Looking to learn something new?

Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and a supportive community. Start your free trial today.

General Discussion

Self Destructing App Main.Storyboard loading issue

I get an error when trying to load this app with the three table view controllers connected. The error is pretty vague, citing that the issue has to do with the storyboard not being able to load in the bundle, but it doesn't tell me exactly what's going on. My connection log has been checked for any inconsistencies or warnings and everything looks fine. Here's the error log:

     *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Could not load NIB in bundle: 'NSBundle </Users/Beast/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/7.0.3/Applications/867389D2-5D0B-4533-9F28-6AE151B9EC78/Ribbit.app> (loaded)' with name 'Main''

*** First throw call stack:
(
    0   CoreFoundation                      0x0174b5e4 __exceptionPreprocess + 180
    1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x014ba8b6 objc_exception_throw + 44
    2   CoreFoundation                      0x0174b3bb +[NSException raise:format:] + 139
    3   UIKit                               0x004c939c -[UINib instantiateWithOwner:options:] + 951
    4   UIKit                               0x004cb2fb -[NSBundle(UINSBundleAdditions) loadNibNamed:owner:options:] + 165
    5   UIKit                               0x002283bb -[UIApplication _loadMainNibFileNamed:bundle:] + 58
    6   UIKit                               0x002286e9 -[UIApplication _loadMainInterfaceFile] + 245
    7   UIKit                               0x0022728f -[UIApplication _runWithURL:payload:launchOrientation:statusBarStyle:statusBarHidden:] + 543
    8   UIKit                               0x0023b87c -[UIApplication handleEvent:withNewEvent:] + 3447
    9   UIKit                               0x0023bde9 -[UIApplication sendEvent:] + 85
    10  UIKit                               0x00229025 _UIApplicationHandleEvent + 736
    11  GraphicsServices                    0x036de2f6 _PurpleEventCallback + 776
    12  GraphicsServices                    0x036dde01 PurpleEventCallback + 46
    13  CoreFoundation                      0x016c6d65 __CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_SOURCE1_PERFORM_FUNCTION__ + 53
    14  CoreFoundation                      0x016c6a9b __CFRunLoopDoSource1 + 523
    15  CoreFoundation                      0x016f177c __CFRunLoopRun + 2156
    16  CoreFoundation                      0x016f0ac3 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 467
    17  CoreFoundation                      0x016f08db CFRunLoopRunInMode + 123
    18  UIKit                               0x00226add -[UIApplication _run] + 840
    19  UIKit                               0x00228d3b UIApplicationMain + 1225
    20  Ribbit                              0x0000220d main + 141
    21  libdyld.dylib                       0x01d7570d start + 1
)
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
    ```

3 Answers

Hi Stephen, This error can occure when you rename some files outside XCode. To solve it you can just remove the files from your project (Right Click - Delete and "Remove Reference") You re-import the files in your project and everything should be ok.

Also check under General, make sure that Main interface has the correct storyboard.

Aaron, all files were named from the empty application dialog when starting the project. The name of my storyboard is "Main." The error states that it pointed out an NSInternalInconsistencyException with Main, which puts me at a total loss. :(! I started a Tabbed Application template and modded it so I can finish the rest of this module as a temporary workaround.

Weird stuff. I fixed the problem, but I'm not sure how. I created a new project, but for the company identifier, I put something completely different (and without numbers and symbols). Ended up working after that. shrugs. I'll take it!

That is odd. Glad it works now!