Welcome to the Treehouse Community
The Treehouse Community is a meeting place for developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels to get support. Collaborate here on code errors or bugs that you need feedback on, or asking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project. Join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today. (Note: Only Treehouse students can comment or ask questions, but non-students are welcome to browse our conversations.)
Looking to learn something new?
Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and a supportive community. Start your free trial today.
Rohan Tinna3,415 Points
Sillicase Python Problem
Unable to solve this code challenge.
def sillycase(text): mid = (len(text) // 2) - 1 new_text[:mid] = text[:mid].tolower() new_text.join(text[mid:].toupper()) return new_text
Steven Parker216,136 Points
Here's a few hints:
- you won't need to subtract one for the half
- you cannot assign into a slice
- you will need both a lower-cased part and an upper-cased part
- the "join" operator uses the string on the left as a separator, not one of the components to join
- you can also combine strings with concatenation, which may be easier in this case