Welcome to the Treehouse Community
Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community! While you're at it, check out some resources Treehouse students have shared here.
Looking to learn something new?
Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.Start your free trial
how do I go about this task?
first_4 = names("Carol", "Joseph", "Jack", "Ben")
Steven Parker229,017 Points
The instructions say to "create a function named first_4 that returns the first four items from whatever iterable is given to it.". Using a slice is a good idea, but:
- you need a function (not a variable) named "first_4"
- function definitions start with "def"
- the function will use a parameter to get the data, you won't need to provide any literals
- you will want to add a "stop" value to the slice to make sure it only takes 4 items
- remember to return the resuts