Welcome to the Treehouse Community

Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community! While you're at it, check out some resources Treehouse students have shared here.

Looking to learn something new?

Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.

Start your free trial


Joseph Hall
Joseph Hall
10,865 Points

What is this parallax design paradigm called?

Hi Everyone,

I want to make a parallax website, but I'm struggling to find a library for these things. See what is circled in red. What are those called, and is there a parallax library for them?


1 Answer

Steven Parker
Steven Parker
229,670 Points

What you highlighted doesn't appear to be anything directly associated with parallax design. Those are "navigation buttons" that are usually connected to a "slider" or "carousel" display. They remain at a specific location on the window by using the position: fixed CSS property.

While these can be coded directly, they are common features of front-end frameworks. I strongly suspect that a front-end framework is used by the site in your screenshot.