Welcome to the Treehouse Community

The Treehouse Community is a meeting place for developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels to get support. Collaborate here on code errors or bugs that you need feedback on, or asking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project. Join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today. (Note: Only Treehouse students can comment or ask questions, but non-students are welcome to browse our conversations.)

Looking to learn something new?

Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and a supportive community. Start your free trial today.


Matt Lewis
Matt Lewis
5,970 Points

What's this effect called?

Anyone know what this effect is called? When it scrolls from "page to page" automatically instead of scrolling? I imagine its javascript or jquery, and I've seen it on quiteba few sites, but just can't find the name for it. http://www.badassembly.com

2 Answers

Hey Matt, check out these resources.

Full / One Page Scroll

Grant Novey
Grant Novey
10,352 Points

Actually the example isn't considered parallax scrolling. I would just consider it a vertical content slider that locks into position using JavaScript.

Here's another example: http://alvarotrigo.com/fullPage/#firstPage

And here's parallax examples:http://janpaepke.github.io/ScrollMagic/examples/index.html