(Spear) Phishing4:08 with Greg Stromire
You may already be familiar with this kind of attack; it’s certainly one of the most well-known. But it’s also one of the most effective. Learn to identify the common signs of a Phishing attack and it’s targeted relative, Spear Phishing.
- Phishing -- An message attempting to trick a person into revealing sensitive information.
- Spear Phishing -- A targeted phishing attack intended for a specific person.
- Domain -- The main, or root, portion of the URL. It’s the “google.com” part of the
- Sub-domain -- One or more prefixes before the domain. It’s the “drive” part of the
“https://drive.google.com/”URL. Phishing emails may disguise the trusting part here, e.g.
http://gmail.secure.comis not related to Gmail in any way.
- Credentials -- Typically a username and password, your credentials are whatever information you use to login to a site or service.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up