About this Course
The Blog Reader app will teach us one of the most common and important needs when creating an app: downloading data from the Internet and displaying it in a list. We will investigate the Model-View-Controller design pattern (MVC) that is essential for all iPhone apps, learn how to request data from the web, parse and use information in JSON format, and utilize the built-in UITableViewController to display a list of blog post titles and thumbnails. We'll also see how to display a webpage inside our app.
What you'll learn
- Understanding the UITableViewController
- Creating custom model objects
- Customizing table view cells
- Accessing JSON data from the web
- Displaying a web page using UIWebView