Design Thinking Terms and Practices2:32 with Devin O'Bryan
Let’s define a few terms and practices that we’ll be referencing throughout the course. With these, we’ll have a vocabulary to build on to better understand design thinking.
- User – the person(s) who will be engaging with your product
- Empathy – the ability to understand and share the feelings of another
- As-is – the current state of a user’s experience
- To-be – the future state where a design thinking solution has been employed to a user’s pain to improve their experience
- Timebox – The simple act of defining a length of time that a task should take and enforcing those parameters
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up