Bummer! This is just a preview. You need to be signed in with a Pro account to view the entire video.
Framing the Discussion4:31 with Bjorn Chambless
How to determine which design pattern will best suit your needs.
Questions to ask when determining which design pattern best suits your needs:
- Does using the pattern reduce the overall complexity of the application?
- If the size and/or scope of the project grows, will this use of the design pattern scale well along with it?
- Is this the correct pattern to be using? Is there another that might be more appropriate in this case?
- Will this use of the pattern contribute to the modularity and maintainability of the codebase?
- Are there any downsides to applying the pattern? E.g.: Will it hinder unit testing? Might it hurt performance?
- "Software Design Pattern” entry in Wikipedia
- Cocoa Design Patterns by Erik Buck and Donald Yacktman
Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
Ray Wenderlich: iOS Design Patterns by Eli Ganem
LLDB Quick Start Guide
- “Computer Architecture” entry on Wikipedia
- “Assembly Language” entry on Wikipedia
- “The C Programming Language” by Kernighan and Ritchie
“Robotics” entry in Wikipedia
- “Cocoa” entry in Wikipedia
- Model-View-Controller - Apple Developer
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up