Bummer! This is just a preview. You need to be signed in with a Basic account to view the entire video.
Introducing GitHub Pages3:22 with Guil Hernandez
GitHub provides a simple hosting solution called GitHub Pages that lets others view your repository like any other website.
- GitHub Pages does not work with sites that use a server-side language, because it can't execute languages like Ruby, Python, or PHP.
- There are two types of websites you can store on GitHub Pages: User Pages and Project Pages.
- User Pages are stored in a special repository dedicated to your GitHub Pages files.
- As a GitHub user, you’re entitled to one free user website per account.
- With Project Pages, each repository in your GitHub account can have its own website.
- Project Pages sites are served under a subpath that matches a repository's name.
- User Pages sites do not display a subpath in the URL.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up